ALIGN: Aligning your people for leverage
The best way to get people to take responsibility for their part in achieving a strategic plan is to involve them in the planning process. This sounds great in theory, but in reality it can end up stretching the planning process out over months, and can sometimes even derail the original purpose as people try to agree on the best direction to take.
And not only can the plan steer off course, your people can too. Keeping your team engaged and moving forward can be challenging, even for short, focused periods. And when things blow out, chaos reigns.
Compression Planning is a process that enables groups to cover strategic information and planning in half the usual time.
With creativity and brainstorming, supported by storyboards and index cards, Compression Planning helps to eliminate the politics by identifying all ideas and subjecting them to a structured prioritisation process.
Not only does this workshop help to create and sustain staff engagement in the planning process, it captures every idea put forward and applies a framework to identifying areas for improvement.
The Align workshop results in:
- full staff involvement and engagement in the planning process
- identification of the current situation and areas for improvement
- development of an agreed framework for your planning objectives
- written report that captures every idea shared
- written action plans capturing who will be responsible for each activity, and deadlines for completion
- written communication plans capturing who needs to communicate with whom, how and when
- a sense of team spirit and engagement with the plan which increases commitment and accountability
If you'd like to learn how you can create and sustain team focus during planning sessions, click here to enquire.
« back to spring | summer »